Monday, March 28, 2011

Starting the Cabbage Soup Diet (Cleanse) Today

Time for Cabbage Soup Cleanse!  Unlike some people who are more hardy than I am, I can not live on the Master Cleanse or Lemonade Diet for very long so I enjoy the Cabbage Soup Cleanse/Diet. 

Really all it is is organic stock, sliced cabbage, 2 or 3 carrots and anything else you have in the house....OK, that is not really true. Since I will be pretty well eating nothing but veggies and fruit for the next 7 days, it is important to remember to GO ORGANIC. Yes, it costs more, but really, it is worth it in the long run. You really don't want the silent bomb of a pestacide in your clean system.

Anyway, will try and keep a diet diary here and exactly what I lose.  Right now at 155 from Xmas and really want to get rid of that 10 lbs!

Today's Cabbage Diet Soup

1 large bag frozen turkey stock (from Chistmas :)
3 carrots sliced thin
1 onion sliced thin
8 cloves garlic
*1 whole cabbage sliced
5 brocolli florettes
**Add vegetables first to a small amount of water and let simmer until they boil down. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 3-9 hours.



* I often buy the pre-sliced coleslaw  bags. I bet they are not as healthy, due to goodness being released from slicing, but sometimes quick is what you need
** I also make a lot of this and divy up into the freezer for a quick vegetable base. No soup as good as one with onions in it that have caramelized

0 comments: